[clue-adm] ta8 dropped?

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Tue May 16 22:00:50 MDT 2000

Jeffery Cann wrote:

> It's linuxconf!  I just tried my changes again and again the application
> barfed when I tried to commit.  Please reboot when you are near the
> box.  I won't try to use linuxconf at this point!

One of the first things I did to ta8 was to comment out
linuxconf in /etc/services & /etc/inetd.conf, because I
thought it was a security risk.  I believe there was a
recent cert warning on this.  Anyway, if you feel it's
benefits outway the risk, uncommenting the apropriate
lines in services & inetd.conf may solve this problem.
Otherwise, we should probably get rid of the linuxconf
binary so this doesn't happen again.

Lynn