[CLUE-Adm] domains

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Sat Nov 4 19:00:47 MST 2000

First some very cool news.  For those of you
who haven't noticed.  Our DNS is fixed and
pointing to our new server at TechAngle.

In addition to clue.denver.co.us, we now have
lug.denver.co.us and linux.denver.co.us all
pointing to our ta8 TechAngle server.

Thank you Dave and Roy for all your help with this!

Towards the end of this painful DNS transition,
Dave suggested getting another DNS, such as,
cluedenver.org.  I've been concerned about
purchasing a DNS that would have to be paid
for periodically.  I think TechAngle be willing
to sponsor it.  Match Grun also expressed a
willingness to pay for it.

So, the question is -- is it necessary?
Would it be desirable?

My feeling is that now that we know who to
contact and how to request changes for our
denver.co.us domains, that we're fine as is.
Chris Garner has been fairly responsive to
our requests.

On the other hand, we wouldn't have to rely
on Chris if we had a .org domain.

I'd like to open this up for discussion.
What do you think?

Lynn