[CLUE-Adm] [Fwd: Due to Weather, Will Not Be able to Present Tonights' KISS]

Lynn Danielson lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us
Tue Apr 10 15:25:05 MDT 2001

Kevin Cullis wrote:

> We can discuss what everyone would like CLUE to do in the near future.

What did you mean, presentations, events, other?  A couple of things
bother me about this idea.  First, I've got speakers already scheduled
into the Fall asking for suggestions now which may not get implemented
until next Winter if at all might be a turn off to people.  Second,
while you can usually find a few vocal people who are great at suggesting
things to do, the implementation is typically left to someone else.
Finally, after the poor turnout for the CLIQ, do think there's interest
in local Linux events?

Maybe I'm wrong.  Since we don't have a KISS session to fill in with at
this point, we'll have plenty of time to discuss it.  By I don't want
to be the one leading the discussion and I won't be held responsible
for scheduling talks on a given topic.  I'll I can do is make requests
if I know a topic is in demand and hope to find someone who will give
us a presentation about it.

I would be interested in being involved in another install fest this
summer or fall.  I could also be interested in a BBQ or some other
social gathering as well.  But that's about it for me.

I shouldn't let my negativity get in the way of this.  I don't want
to be a nay sayer.  But if you want to ask people what they would like
CLUE to do, emphasis that they are CLUE and need to get involved if
they want something to happen.  There is at least a dozen people
(and potentially more) from the group who do seem interested in being
involved, but I'd  caution you not to put yourself into a position of
promising anything that your not prepared to make happen yourself.

Pessimistically yours,

Lynn