[CLUE-Adm] Publicity stuff

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Fri Mar 23 07:53:56 MST 2001

What is the time and place for tomorrow?

I need to go to Action Computers at 10am, but I can probably still make
the meeting too.

From: "Jeffery C. Cann" <jccann at home.com>
To: cfinancectr at netscape.net (elisabeth ohmes)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 07:05:00 -0700
Subject: [CLUE-Adm] Re: memos re CLUE marketing plan
Sender: clue-admin-admin at clue.denver.co.us

On Wednesday 21 March 2001 19:09, elisabeth ohmes wrote:
>miriam and i are reviewing the plan. she will provide queries from tecchie
>background as she works on mainframe computors. my foundation will look
>into a budget model and a funding plan. we can only prvidde resources with
>a clear budget and complete info. so, the immediate goal is to define the
>first level of funds for intial work plan. we will email you as to our
>progress. finance groups need facts before providing capital. we think you
>can get this done within a 60-90 day timeframe. elisabeth ohmes

Elisabeth.

First, I want to make it clear that the Colorado Linux Users Group (CLUE) has
no official charter.  We hold no status as Non-Profit Organization, nor do
any members pay any dues.  We have no bank accounts and no money.  In fact,
we rely solely on the generosity of our sponsors, such as Hall-Kinion, to
provide a meeting location.  Other sponsors provide our door prizes.  In
return, we list the sponsors on our web site (http://clue.denver.co.us).  The
sponsors receive no other obvious benefits from their generous donations.

The simple goal of CLUE is this:  We love the Linux operating system.  We
want to share and enjoy this technology with others.  Our monthly meetings
and other activities allow us to advocate Linux.  Our admin members are
volunteers who enjoy leading the meetings and wish to promote the Linux
operating system.

The CLUE volunteer admins and I do not know exactly what you wish to provide
to our group.  Our collective understanding of your ideas is vague.  I hoped
that you would have clarified this in the memo that I requested in my
previous email.

My personal understanding of your plan is this single sentence from your
previous email:  "so, we will look to finding several sponsors for funding
opportunities. the entire year long program, would support a guidebook for
economic development initiatives on LINUX software resources."

One of the responsibilities of the CLUE volunteer admins is to protect the
CLUE members from unnecessary solicitation.  This is part of our heritage as
a group.  It is important that you provide to us clear information about your
group, its goals, and the relevance to the CLUE membership at-large.  Without
a clear explanation from you in writing, it is impossible for the CLUE
volunteer admins to evaluate whether your plans are truly helpful to the CLUE
members or are unnecessary solicitation.

To alleviate our concern, we would appreciate if you would explain your ideas
clearly, so that your efforts are not in vain.  We would appreciate your
explanation in a short, 1-2 page document that contains the following
information:

+ Summary of the proposal (what, why, how)
+ The benefits to CLUE.
+ The costs ($) to CLUE.
+ Overview of the 20/20 Foresight Foundation for Economic Development.

Finally, we would appreciate the document as soon as possible, rather than in
60-90 days as you suggested.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Jeffery Cann