[CLUE-Admin] How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Lynn Danielson lynn.danielson at ihs.com
Mon Aug 26 21:38:41 MDT 2002

<http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

Ken Weinert recently pointed me to this how-to by ESR.
It includes a nice section on "how to give a good answer"
which is attributed to tummy.com's Evelyn Mitchell.
While I don't agree with all of it, it's definitely a
worthwhile read.  It seems to be a guide on how to behave
(or survive) in a harsh news group environment.

I was tempted to forward the link to CLUE-Tech during the
recent flame.  It would certainly make a good reference
if we decide to write a more formal netiquette policy for
our lists.

Fwiw,

Lynn