[CLUE-Admin] KISS presentations?

Chris K. Chew chris at fenetics.com
Tue Aug 27 16:04:26 MDT 2002

rjohnston wrote:
>I'm not sure that there's a 1/2 hour to say about lilo - but I'll look.  If
not - or if everyone is already familiar
>enough with it - we can try a Q&A.

I had originally imagined the talk to be more about boot loaders in
general -- why we need them and how they work, followed by how this relates
to a lilo.conf file.  I might be mistaken, but it seems like most computer
users, even in the linux crowd, have skipped over primitive computer
knowledge like POSTing and disk geometry.  I feel that understanding such
concepts tremendously eases the installation of an unfamiliar OS.

Chris