[CLUE-Admin] ACC space.

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Fri Dec 6 10:04:06 MST 2002

I talked to Jim today.  ACC rents out their space - the Half Moon (seats
150) is $176 per event (a projector would be extra ~$60).  They may
require payment for parking and they want us to have liability insurance.

So that doesn't seem to be such a good deal.  I asked him whether there
was any way to get a staff member to sponsor us and avoid all that, but
he hasn't found an avenue yet.

Does the hotel we were talking about require liability insurance?

Have we polled the membership to see whether there is an employer that
would offer us space?  We could also talk to other groups, like FRUUG or
DJUG and find out how they got space.  I think it is as worthwhile to
pursue free space as to pursue sponsors.

If it does come down to paying for space we may want to consider
becoming a more formal organization.  Non-profit status, a treasurer,
fund raising.  Or maybe not.