[CLUE-Admin] speakers needed

Lynn Danielson lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us
Mon Dec 23 10:51:36 MST 2002

On Sun, 2002-12-22 at 13:04, David Anselmi wrote:
> Kevin Cullis wrote:
> > How about setting up a Fax system on Linux?  There is no HOWTO for it,
> > only modem stuff.
>
> Good one!  I have read a bit on this (mgetty + sendfax) but never
> actually done it.  My impression was that it would work, but not easily.
>
> People also like to be able to fax from Windows by selecting the
> appropriate "printer".  It would be nice to hear a talk from someone who
> has all this working.

I'm pretty sure that Dave Hahn has set up a mgetty+sendfax system.
I'd be more interested in Hylafax.  One of my coworkers has some
experience with it.  I'll ask both of them about it.

To get fax working with Samba shouldn't be too tough.  But the devil
may be in the details.  Again, I think that Dave Hahn has already
done this.

Thanks for the suggestion!

 -- Lynn