[CLUE-Admin] [Fwd: [CLUE-Talk] [marsee@oreilly.com: O'Reilly Calender on the Way]]

Lynn Danielson lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us
Tue Dec 24 14:03:12 MST 2002

Dave [Price],

I  have a PostgreSQL talk (w/ Scott Marlowe) scheduled for January.
Is there any chance you could get a book or two on that topic by
then?  January 14th is three weeks away.  Jim or Steve at Softpro
would probably be willing to comp' us a copy if we can't something
from a publisher by then.  Heck he'd probably give us something if
you ask nice. ;-)

February will be the Jefco Linux desktop rollout.  A copy of
something related to Linux in the workplace or enterprise would
be appropriate, but I don't know of any good titles.  The _Linux
_Desktop_Starter_Kit looks like it might be good (I don't know
who publishes it).  It might be easier to just get a Red Hat
book of some sort.

Zonker has agreed to talk about Linux Routing in March.  His book
on the subject is published by New Riders:
http://newriders.com/search/index.asp?searchstring=Linux+Routing&searchgroup=All+Information+Products

I haven't hooked up with Solvieg Haugland about Star Office 6.0.
But I'm reasonably confident that I can get her to come sometime
this Spring (April or May).  It would be nice if we could give
away a copy of both her book and the software.  Would you be
willing to contact someone at Sun about it?  I think Sun Press
is part of the Pearson publishing group.

I'll try to get Cricket lined up for a DNS talk.  Has O'Reilly
sent us the latest version of DNS & Bind yet and, if so, do we
still have it.  If not, can we get another?

If I burn some ROMs, what would be appropriate?  I could probably
make some OpenOffice CDs for the Star Office talk.  Knoppix comes
with Star Office, but we've been giving out a lot of Knoppix lately.
Burning some Red Hat CDs for Otis' talk might be appropriate since
that's the distro Jefco's using.  If you contact tummy.com, I'm
sure they'd send us some KRUD discs.  Is there anything else you'd
like to see that I could help out with?

Lynn