[CLUE-Adm] Speaker Guidelines

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Mon Feb 18 10:32:15 MST 2002

Jeffery Cann wrote:

> This is not yet linked to the web site, but please review and post comments
> to the list:
>
> http://clue.denver.co.us/speakerGuide.html

Jeff, great job on the guidelines, very complete!

Do we want to say anything about the audience?  We're mostly home or casual
users (or diverse enough that that category is our only common ground).  So
we're interested in cool things we can use at home.  We do like to hear about
business applications, but there should be enough background for us to
understand the problem as well as the solution being presented.

Perhaps my perception of the group is inaccurate, or we would like it to be
something else.  Perhaps a survey would help, especially if we could talk to
Linux users who don't come to the meetings.  Like Will, maybe - what would he
like to hear about?  But I digress.

Should we suggest/offer that speakers can come at 6pm to have time to set up
and test the facilities?  We should allow them to make sure that their talk
(and especially demos) will go smoothly.

We should encourage that demos be practiced enough to ensure that they will
work, and that the presenter pay extra attention to making sure they will be
visible to the whole room.  The command line, especially in an X window, isn't
usually readable.

We'll also need to spell check the final version (e.g., jucy ;-)