[CLUE-Adm] Silent auction

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Wed Jan 2 18:49:52 MST 2002

I think it might be worthwhile talking to some
commercial outfits to see if they'd be willing to
donate items to a silent auction fund raiser.  It's
been a long time since we've made any requests
(other than for books).  It's been a bad year and
we might not get many positive responses, but it
would be worth a try.

Locally we might ask Batky-Howell if they'd
consider donating another class or two.  Xinside
might be willing to donate drivers.  Red Hat, et al,
might be willing to donate distributions.  SoftPro
might be willing to donate books.  Can anyone else
suggest businesses that we could hit up?

I wonder if any of the various guru's, advanced
users, and consultants in our LUG would consider
donating consulting time?

Lynn