[CLUE-Adm] Alpha Installfest

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Fri Jan 4 18:07:57 MST 2002

Mike Benavides wrote:

> Gentleman:
>
> I have one concern about the Alpha Installfest is that we have too few
> machines to keep many people interested.  How should we bill it?  Should we
> bill it as a clinic teach the "art" of Alpha Install so, the methodology can
> carry over to their own Intel based Linux machines.  Can we have basic
> handouts to give an overview of the installation and haow it may differ from
> a normal Linux install.  Just sone ideas...

Well, I would have billed it as a regular installfest and let it be known that
there would be alphas there for any who have them.  I would guess that of the
alphas given out, some are busy on the day we pick, some are already up and
running, and so only a few would come to the 'fest.  I don't see anyone without
an alpha coming to something that is alpha only.

I would do the same kind of thing as last time, and ask on the lists who wants
alpha help and what distros they want to do.  Then get me and Sean and Jef to
show up and provide help (assuming there is enough interest for the 3 of us).

As an alternative, Jef and I could do handouts (me on SRM/aboot, Jef on milo).
Is Jef on this list?  Should I duck when volunteering him? :-)

Perhaps we should consider the weekend of the 19th to allow more advertising
time?