[CLUE-Adm] CLUE Steering Meeting

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Sun Jan 27 18:03:44 MST 2002

Jeffery Cann wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I would like to have a CLUE Steering Meeting.  Please RSVP to the list by 2/1.
>
> Date:   Feb 2

Sorry, I'll be busy that weekend.  Here are my thoughts though...

[...]

> Agenda:
>
> + Installfest - February
> + Silent Auction - March
> + CLUE North meeting - Results of poll
> + CLUE Non-Profit status

I just asked in another post about times for Installfest.  I'd like to put them on
the web site soon.  I'd also like to get the word out.  I think we have our group
covered, but should we let BLUG, NCLUG, and PPLUG know?  I've mentioned it at
least on BLUG.

I think the silent auction is a good idea, but I haven't had time to organize my
thoughts enough to say anything useful.

My biggest question about CLUE North is how much need there is for a group between
BLUG and CLUE.  I asked why people who wanted a north meeting didn't go to BLUG
but got no response.  I'm not sure the CLUE staff wants to run 2 groups, nor to
split into 2 independent groups, nor to compete with BLUG.  So I'd like more info
from those who want a north meeting.

I think being non-profit would be nice, if it can be done with a reasonable amount
of effort.  Does that mean we have to formalize how we handle inventory and
accounting?  I don't know any of the details and I'm reluctant to volunteer for
more - I start a new job tomorrow so I'm spread pretty thin until I reprioritize.