[CLUE-Admin] New hardware for web server.

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Fri Jul 12 22:34:01 MDT 2002

Greetings.

I am sadly retiring my current Linux box which I built 4 years ago.  It's
been a great box.  However, it can no longer hold up to the increased demands
of my graphically-intensive computing.

It's a P2/350 with 384 MB of RAM.  I am swapping out the MB, CPU, memory and
video card.

I think we can plop these items into the CLUE web server and get several more
years of service.  I know we had planned to use two DEC alphas for this job,
but this may be simpler to implement and certainly it's a faster processor
and a lot more RAM.

Of course, I probably could have auctioned this off, but I didn't decide to
do it until today...

Any thoughts?

Roy -
When could we do something like this -- i.e., when could I bring in the
hardware and install it into ta8?