[CLUE-Admin] New hardware for web server.

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Jul 17 20:08:09 MDT 2002

jccann at attbi.com wrote:

 > It turns out that my current case is not going to work with the new
 > MB.  So I can safely donate an entire system, minus HDD.  I figure we
 > can simply pull them from ta8 and plop them into the new box.

Do we have plans for the old box?  It isn't quite unservicable yet.
What about the 2 alphas we were going to use?

There's a guy (John, maybe?) who's a NT admin that has been coming to
meetings.  I talked to him the other night and he said he could use a
scratch machine to learn on.  I suggested he do a server type project so
he didn't need hardware fancy enough for X (he does run Linux on his
laptop for workstation experience).  So if something is free I'll offer
it to him.

I still have a apare alpha after the auction, but I thought I might use
it as a teaching tool for schoold kids.  Not that it will happen any
time soon.