[CLUE-Admin] Mailman list problems

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Fri Jun 28 14:29:07 MDT 2002

David Anselmi wrote:
> Lynn Danielson wrote:
>
>> 'Not sure if I've fixed it or not.  But at least part
>> of the problem seems to have been that crond died.
>> I restarted it and a couple messages came through,
>> but I'm still seeing a lot of this --
>> Jun 25 22:13:03 2002 (23212) Could not acquire qrunner lock
>> -- showing up in the qrunner log.
>>
>> There are a lot of old files in ~mailman/locks dir.
>> I'm wondering if they should be purged.
>>

> It looks like qrunner is still complaining about its lock.  I looked for
> a stale lock file and didn't see one, so maybe the permissions are bad
> for creating the lock.  Just a guess at this point, I didn't have time
> to look too deep.

Jeff told me that lock files more than a few hours old could
probably be deleted.  Many of the locks have time dates prior
to you updating mailman, so I suspect these could and should
be deleted.

Even though qrunner is complaining about locks, it seems to be
working now and I've been reluctant to mess with it further.

Lynn