[CLUE-Admin] Install fest question

Jeffery Cann president at clue.denver.co.us
Sun May 5 21:54:00 MDT 2002

On Wednesday 01 May 2002 08:26 am, Crawford Rainwater wrote:
> Jeff and company,
>
> For the install fests of CLUE, what are the
> thoughts of selling distro discs there?

Crawford,

We typically have many distributions floating around during an installfest.
CLUEbies bring in distributions, folks share, etc.  To this point, we have
not sold discs.

> I am working on a corp relationship with Linux Central
> where I might be able to get the discs at a
> very good price.  The thought for CLUE would be
> to have the latest and greatest distros (i.e.,
> Mandrake 7.2, RedHat 7.2 (7.3 in a few weeks),
> Debian 2.2r6 (3.0 in a few weeks), and such)
> available for folks who do not have access to
> high speed connections and those who just want
> to have that extra copy.

For a nominal fee (maybe a few dollars), it may be a good way for low
bandwith users to get copies of distributions.

> Technically, if ITEC were to sell them, I would
> have to figure out sales taxes and such, but the
> idea is 50+ discs, I can get them discounted compared
> to listed prices.  Perhaps a "pre-fest" order list
> and a "post-fest" for those who see something they
> may want to play with later.
>
> Just a thought is all.  Open to the gallery for
> comments.

I appreciate the idea.  I will bring it up with the board members in our next
meeting.