[CLUE-Admin] Fwd: On the Installfest

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at itec-co.com
Fri May 17 09:08:55 MDT 2002

A side note to the Admins as well.  ITEC would be
reselling these (due to the sale tax laws), but at
non-profit.  I am working on getting an availability
list of the following distros (feel free to make a
request for other distros too) and versions:

- RedHat 7.3 (2 installs, 1 doc)
- Mandrake 8.2 (3 installs)
- Slackware 8.0 (1 install, 1 extra, 1 source)
- Turbo WS 7.0 (2 installs), Server 6.5 (1 install)
- Debian 2.2r6 (3 install)
- Yellowdog 2.2 (1 install)

No chances for SuSE 8.0 nor Lycoris 1.0 due to reselling
issues with those specific distributions.  Caldera 3.1.1
(WS and server) ITEC would have to do separately, but
possible.

The costs would be ~$1.50 per disc, Yellowdog at ~$2.50
plus tax.  ITEC would need a minimum of a 50 disc order
for these prices, the order can be a mixture of distributions.

The idea and logic is for those folks (like myself) who do
not have a high speed connection at home for the ISO downloads.
At these costs, and these are CD prints, not CD-Rs, it is a
very nice alternative that I would like to offer the CLUEbies.
A pre-order request list would be nice, and I am willing to take
post installfest orders too for those who see something at the
installfest they would like to play with later.

Just my thoughts behind this, feel free to comment pro and con.
I am open either way on this personally.

--- Crawford