[CLUE-Admin] Expired Sponsorships

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Fri Apr 18 09:18:15 MDT 2003

Jed S. Baer wrote:

> I see from the comments in the HTML (sponsors.html) that two sponsors have
> expired, Omni, and Prentice Hall. Any reason to leave those up there? That

Omni?  Do you mean OMI?  While they may not have donated anything to the
group recently, I believe that they are still very friendly towards our
group and would be willing to contribute more to our group if we asked
them to.  My vote is to leave them on the sponsorship list.

If Prentice Hall has donated anything to the group recently, it may be
because Dave Price hasn't asked them for anything.  I'm reasonably sure
that they're willing to continue their book contributions as long as we
ask them.  Again, my vote is to leave them on our sponsor list.

> also brings up the question of whether we still get any sponsorship from
> Hall Kinion.

No.  I don't know if Jeff's tried to talk with anyone there about
our decision not to meet there any longer.  It's been pretty unclear
over the past year or so who our Hall-Kinion representative was.
I think the ones we knew about either quit or got fired.  While
Hall-Kinion was supposed to pay the building management for our
use of the room there, I was under the distinct impression that
this was no longer happening.  This is the primary reason that I
was in favor of taking up Techangle on there generous offer of
sponsoring us at the Radisson.  Techangle should now replace HK as
our premier sponsor.   I think we should consider how to improvd
their description on our resources page.

My two cents,

Lynn