[CLUE-Admin] Re: CLUE-Tech post from admin@clue.denver.co.us requires approval

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Tue Aug 5 08:15:19 MDT 2003

Dave Hahn wrote:

>No, not completely true.  Most new installations support an SMTP after
>POP type of configuration - meaning - you can relay through the server
>from your IP once you authenticate to the POP server.  This allows
>roaming users and users that may have different IP addresses at
>different times to *safely* relay without leaving the server wide open -
>as it appears it is now.

Thanks for the info, Dave.  I'll look for more specifics on this.  I
assume this would mean
that users would need to either use a mail client capable of multiple
concurrent pop
accounts or use two differently configured pop clients, one for their
regular mail and
another for clue posts.  What ramifications would this have for list
traffic?  Would everyone
who wants to post to the lists need to configure a pop account as well?

Lynn