[CLUE-Admin] Memberships and email

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Fri Aug 15 08:17:35 MDT 2003

As many of you already know, the membership drive kickoff on Tuesday
went great (much better than I had imagined.  Jef said that he thought the
audience reaction was mixed, but by the end of the evening, I had twenty-
one people signed up.  That's 42% of my goal of 50 for the year.  A number
of folks said that they'd plan to sign up next month.  So, I'm hopefull
we may
have close to 50 people signed up by October.  The upshot is that we raised
$420 Tuesday night.  We should be pretty close to $2K in our projector fund.
(Jeff, Match and Rita signed up after the meeting, so, I've got another $40
for you.)

Doug Corwine asked me if email to the cluedenver.org domain was
going to be working any time soon.  He is looking to print up a new
batch of business cards and was hoping he could use that domain
instead of clue.denver.co.us.  I made an addition to the sendmail.cw
file on the server last night and if this email got through to you, then
that should be proof that our mail server is now forwarding for the
cluedenver.org domain.

Do we have a new admin yet?  Does anyone care if I start adding the
members who signed up this week to the aliases file?  I'd also like to
start a new list CLUE-Members.  This would be a low traffic list for
members to discuss questions, problems, suggestions about membership
as well as a forum for us to announce any new benefits or "members only"
social gatherings.  If we do have an sysadmin, I'd be happy to send the list
onto them to set this up.

As for what I have in mind for a "members only" social gathering, I'm
thinking along the lines of a BBQ.  If there's enough money left in the
coffers after purchasing a projector and screen, I'd like to spend a few
bucks on burgers, brats, chips and soda's and have a park gathering
some where in the SE Denver metro area.  Any thoughts or objections
about this?

One of our new members asked if they would get a membership card?
I liked this idea a lot and I'm suprised we didn't think of this before.
I'll look into printing up some business cards.  Design suggestions
would be welcome.

Happy Friday!

Lynn