[CLUE-Admin] Memberships and email

Jeff Cann j.cann at isuma.org
Fri Aug 15 12:11:56 MDT 2003

On Friday 15 August 2003 8:17 am, Lynn Danielson wrote:

> Do we have a new admin yet?

Yes - Jeff Orrock has agreed.  But he's out of town for a few weeks and when
he get's back, I'm planning on meeting him and getting him details on the new
server and plan to switch over.

Does anyone care if I start adding the
> members who signed up this week to the aliases file?

Nope, but it's going to have to be transferred to exim on the new Debian box -
should not be a problem.

> I'd also like to start a new list CLUE-Members.

Cool idea.

Hey Jed - We should create an HTML page that is a summary page of links to all
CLUE list archives.  Whadda think?

> This would be a low traffic list for
> members to discuss questions, problems, suggestions about membership
> as well as a forum for us to announce any new benefits or "members only"
> social gatherings.  If we do have an sysadmin, I'd be happy to send the
> list onto them to set this up.

This won't happen for a few weeks, so if you want it sooner, go for it.
Please make yourself the moderator.

> As for what I have in mind for a "members only" social gathering, I'm
> thinking along the lines of a BBQ.  If there's enough money left in the
> coffers after purchasing a projector and screen, I'd like to spend a few
> bucks on burgers, brats, chips and soda's and have a park gathering
> some where in the SE Denver metro area.  Any thoughts or objections
> about this?

Sounds like a good idea.  I would like to discuss any budget issues before we
schedule the BBQ.  With the $420, we have $2020 in the CLUE fund.  Some
expenses are:  projector, screen, business cards, membership cards, BBQ.  So,
we should consider all of the items for the next 6-12 months in a budget.

> One of our new members asked if they would get a membership card?
> I liked this idea a lot and I'm suprised we didn't think of this before.

We did talk about it maybe 2 years ago; not lately though.

> I'll look into printing up some business cards.

How about something laminated?  More durable.  Also, it would be fun if we had
a 'member since 2003' on each card (like AMEX).  Perhaps it would encourage
consistent renewals?  What's more impressive at a party than whipping out
your CLUE CLUB card, anyway?

Later,