[CLUE-Admin] Who does what [was Re: CVS loginfo and MailMan]

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Sun Dec 21 18:36:23 MST 2003

Jeff Cann wrote:
> On Sunday 21 December 2003 3:54 pm, David Anselmi wrote:
>
>>So imagine you're an idle bystander making inferences from this thread
>>about the duties and responsibilities for the sysadmin, webmaster, and
>>president.
>
> I'm not understanding your inference?  Care to elaborate?

I suppose it isn't that interesting after all.  Just struck me as
amusing that the president is the one with root, the sysadmin isn't
involved, and the webmaster says "can I have root too?"

Not really that surprising considering this is a volunteer thing and any
trustworthy volunteers have root access.  I shouldn't expect any
formality, though it might help to answer the "what happened to pserver"
question.

But I get the "can I have root too" question frequently at work.  The
answer should usually be "no".  Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.
And it isn't any more formal than CLUE.

I guess what I'm saying is, "Look!  CLUE is as organized as the Federal
Government."

Apologies if my sense of humor is too twisted today.