[CLUE-Admin] Fwd: RE: Bruce Perens books

Ski Dawg skidawg at dscweb.net
Wed Dec 24 08:57:37 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 07:10, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:31:57 -0700
> CLUE President <president at clue.denver.co.us> wrote:
>
> > I'm going to pay Jim back for these books.
>
> What happened, exactly? Did the publisher just ignore the request, or
> did they say "no"? I talk to one of the company's PR people pretty
> regularly, maybe I could give it a shot? What are the titles?

I sent them a couple of e-mail messages and they were just ignored. I
never even got a response that my message had been received or anything
else.

If you are able to talk to them, it would be great if you could ask them
about this situation. The titles that we got from SoftPro were:

- "Intrusion Detection with Snort", ISBN 0-13-140733-3

- "The Linux Development Platform: Configuring, Using, and
   Maintaining a Complete Programming Environment",
   ISBN 0-13-009115-4

- "Implementing CIFS: The Common Internet File System",
   ISBN 0-13-047116-X

- "Managing Linux Systems with Webmin: System Administration
   and Module Development", ISBN 0-13-140882-8

Let me know if you have any questions about this or need any additional
information.

--
Doug