[CLUE-Admin] Radisson Hotel Denver Southeast - Tech Center Meeting Details

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Wed Feb 12 01:40:33 MST 2003

FYI,

The following URL details our new meeting room floorplans
at the Radisson at I-225 & Parker:

<http://www.radisson.com/hoteldirectory/hotelmeetingdetailshome.jsp?hotelFeatures2HighlightID=6693&hotelCode=COAURORA&hotelID=8596&hotelName=Radisson+Hotel+Denver+Southeast+-+Tech+Center&detail=meeting&PackageLevelID=3&hotelFeatures2ID=3056>

The meeting room(s) that I think we'll be using
(Dave Hahn -- correct me if I'm wrong) will be the
Aurora ballroom on the lower level.  It is normally
partitioned into four rooms: Boulder, Parker, Evergreen
and Golden.  The partitions can easily be opened for
more space.  According to the classroom setup space
estimates, it looks like we'll typically need to have
two rooms.  If the group grows we can expand into the
another and another (assuming footing the bill isn't a
problem).

I'm pretty sure that there's an elevator for handicap
access, but someone should check for details on that.
I think parking is a no brainer (park where ever you
can find space in the parking lot that's not
specifically restricted) but perhaps we should verify
that and mention something about it in our new meeting
notes.

We will not be able to bring in our own refreshements
(sodas, snacks and such), but I understood that water
would be provided with the room.  I think we'll be able
to purchase drinks or sodas at the bar on the main floor
and bring them into the room with us.  There's a
restaurant on the main floor too which should make a
good before/after meeting place.

We will be allowed to bring in our own projector and
projection screen.  The hotel is able to provide AV
but that would cost extra.  If IBM is going to pick
up the bill for March, perhaps we should check that
option out.  Dave [Hahn] seemed to think that we
could get by without a projection screen and simply
project on the wall.  I think a decent projection
screen would greatly improve readability of the
projection throughout the room, but I'm not sure
whether I'll be able to borrow one from work or not.
Does any one else have access to one?  Can we
consider spending some of our projector funds on a
screen?

Maps/driving instructions to the hotel can be found at:
<http://www.radisson.com/hoteldirectory/hotelmapimagehome.jsp?hotelCode=COAURORA&hotelID=8596&hotelName=Radisson+Hotel+Denver+Southeast+-+Tech+Center&detail=meeting&PackageLevelID=3>
and <http://www.radisson.com/rad/images/hotels/COAURORA/EntranceMap.pdf>

Dave [Hahn], Maureen Sherlock indicated that IBM would
probably be willing to pick up the tab for our March
meeting.  If you could provide me with some details to
pass on to her I'd appreciate it.   You can contact me
off list or at 320.732.3942.

Lynn