[CLUE-Admin] Fwd: [BLUGMETA] NCLUG/BLUG/other: Upcoming list changes

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Fri Jan 17 08:08:54 MST 2003

Dave A -

New mailman upgrade...

Subject: [BLUGMETA] NCLUG/BLUG/other: Upcoming list changes
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 01:24:28 -0700
From: Sean Reifschneider <jafo at tummy.com>
To: communitytech at lists.community.tummy.com, meta at lug.boulder.co.us

As you may know, within the last few weeks a new version of Mailman was
released, which includes a major set of updates, mostly in feature
enhancements.  This is the first release of the new "2.x" release
stream.

Lots of new features, including the ability for members to manage *ALL*
their list memberships from a single page, better user and admin
management, faster sending of mailings, and it also has per user
ability to control duplicate removal options (like, do you get a copy of
messages to the list, do you get copies even if you're listed in the
CC/To headers).  It's looking pretty nice.

So, over about the next week I'd like to migraten all the community
mailing lists.  This will be after I have migrated our own internal
tummy.com mailing lists, and I've already done a setup of the new
mailman on Evelyn and my personal server, which went well.

I'm not quite sure when I'll plan to do it, but I wanted to let everyone
know that I was planning to do it shortly here and find out if there are
any objections.

It *WILL* retain the ability to automatically hold messages that
spamassassin considers spam, which I'll have to add in myself.  The
stock mailman does not yet include that support.

Sean
--
 Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That
 way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.