[CLUE-Admin] CLUE-North thoughts

Lynn Danielson lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us
Fri Jan 24 16:08:47 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 09:37, Crawford Rainwater wrote:

> Thanks to those who made it to the CLUE-North Hacking
> Society show and tell.  It went better than I [expected]

Maybe we'll have time to hear a little bit about it at
the steering meeting tomorrow.

> Some feedback from the audience was to have an Install-Fest
> for CLUE-North ...
> I know CLUE-South/Main was thinking of three for this year,
> so perhaps five total between the North and South sections
> as a thought.

Five minimum would be nice.  We've had goals in the past
of having an installfest or some sort of group event every
other month, but we've been lucky to organize anything
more often than once a quarter.  I'm personally in favor
of more events and wouldn't mind seeing something more
social in nature.  Like a summer BBQ or something along
the lines of a hacking society meeting.  A couple of
years back Sean Reifschneider put out an invitation to
meet at the Falling Rock Tap House for a Saturday afternoon.
Last I was aware, they still offer free internet (including
802.11b wireless) connectivity to their patrons.  It doesn't
seem that the majority of CLUEbies are into the consumption
of fine beer as I am, perhaps there are coffee houses that
also offer free internet and would make acceptable local.

> Comments and thoughts are welcome on this.  I will bring
> it up Sat morning at the steering meeting

See you there,

Lynn