[CLUE-Admin] 404 document for CLUE website.

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Jul 6 13:59:16 MDT 2003

Hi Folks.

I created a 404 document for the site:

  http://clue.denver.co.us/404.html

I also created a .htaccess file:

  ErrorDocument 404 http://clue.denver.co.us/404.html

Works ok here at home, but upon committing and then publishing the site,
the .htaccess file doesn't show up. I suppose that's because it's a hidden
file? Only why then would the CVS client not also ignore it here on the
other end (my machine)?.

I note the the publish script includes the .htaccess file in its output,
but it's definitely not in the /var/apache/htdocs directory, that I can
tell.

I suppose the ErrorDocument directive could just as easily go into
httpd.conf, but I thought it would be a simple thing for me to add a
.htaccess file.

I don't see anything in the Cederqvist about special considerations for
hidden files.

Advice?