[CLUE-Admin] OMI hardware.

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Sun Jul 6 21:23:06 MDT 2003

On Sunday 06 July 2003 07:27 pm, David Anselmi wrote:
> Rather than using the stuff I got from OMI for door prizes,

Regarding OMI as door prizes -- Lynn and I asked Kevin to be sure that:

a)  Stuff he gets from OMI is not crap -- i.e., it works and has some value.
b)  If it goes as a door prize and no one takes it, who will take the
remaining items home?  Lynn and I got stuck with several pieces of hardware.
I don't think we wish to repeat this scenario.

> does anyone think we should sell it to support the projector fund?

For the projector - we currently have $1500 - I'm wondering if this is enough
for the specs we desire.  I haven't searched lately, so I don't know.

I personally do not have the time to eBay / or sell used equipment that is of
questionable resale value (especially given shipping costs paid by buyer - a
$30 monitor will cost $75 with shipping).  Even if the equipment is usable,
how much can we really expect?  $5, $50, $500?

$50+ may be worth the trouble, otherwise I would suggest that you donate it to
one of the many firms or educational sources which sends refurbished
equipment to schools.

If someone is willing to sell the items and donate the proceeds, go for it.

Later,
"Keep yourselves far from every form of exaggerated nationalism, racism and
intolerance."
-- Pope John Paul II