[CLUE-Admin] How were the last bunch of OMI computer stuff?

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Mon Jun 23 17:52:19 MDT 2003

Kevin Cullis wrote:

>How was the last batch of computer stuff from OMI?  Junk?  A little bit
>better than junk, or good enough for geeks for free stuff?

It was pretty junky.  Jeff and I ended up taking some junk home which
included a bad monitor.  Jeff later took them up to the Dell sponsored
free recycling at the stadium.  I don't want to look a gift horse in the
mouth, but if it hadn't been for Dell's recycling program, I would have
had to pay to dispose of this stuff.  As it was, I only had to store the
junk
monitor for a couple of weeks.  Personally, I don't want to be in this
position again nor would I wish it on anyone else.

I appreciate Will's and your good intentions, but I think bringing stuff
like
this to the meetings is a bad idea unless you've already arranged for folks
to pick it up and have someone responsible for dealing with any leftovers.
Perhaps there's a better way to get some of these treasures out to CLUEbies?

Lynn