[CLUE-Admin] Re: CLUE North CVS access

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed May 21 11:07:12 MDT 2003

I think what Jed suggests is reasonable.

As far as the web site goes, it doesn't take two webmasters.  That is
especially true if pages are combined.  The north admins should have
access to cvs just like the south ones do, but primary responsibility
could easily be Jed's.  Jeff and I helped get Randy up to speed on how
to update the site.  If we had spent more time showing him the page
layout and reviewing his changes we might not have had as much
separation/duplication as we did (e.g., the nav menu could have been
made an include).

As far as autonomy up north, there is significant need to have meetings
and speakers done by north admins (rather than being added to Lynn's
plate).  There is not much other need for autonomy.  If I had set it up,
Crawford would report to Jeff the same way Lynn does (or doesn't ;-).
And there would only be one admin list.  But my background started with
strategic command and control, so I could easily be to anal about such
things.

My two cents, FWIW.