almasterRe: There is a projector screen

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Wed Sep 10 18:46:55 MDT 2003

WFT wrote:

> at a second hand store on 44th Ave (near Harlan)
>
> They want $30
> it is approximately 58 inch wide by 42 inches high  (white area)
> it is in good shape

Thanks for checking this out.  Last night someone (Scott Sherwood)
showed up with a big screen and bequeathed it to us.  I'm not sure of
the dimensions, but it's pretty big.  It has a couple spots on it that I
hope will come out, but I'm not complaining.  It was free.  I assume
that the one you looked at had a tripod style base?

> My research says 400:1 contrast is okay and 800:1 would provide
> slightly better clarity

If the image isn't significantly better than I'd be against spending
hundreds of dollars more for it.  Jeff would like to bring a notable
name into Denver for a talk.  A few hundred dollars would go a
long way towards paying for an airline ticket.

I'm currently arranging for a demo of two or three projectors at
IHS on the eighteenth. 'Don't know if you'd be available or interested
in joining us, but if you are, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again,

Lynn