[clue-admin] Webalizer

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Dec 22 17:31:54 MST 2004

I figured I'd get the Webalizer logs moved over to the new server, maybe
tonight.

The old server was running version 2.01-09 and the new server has 2.01-10,
so I don't expect any problems there.

My plan is to configure Webalizer like I had it on the old box, which is
that it runs in conjunction with the monthly httpd log rotation. That
means killing it out of the cron.daily directory, and modding the
logrotate.d/httpd file.

What I'd do is just move the whole old webalizer reports directory to its
new location, and then run it by hand to pick up December's stuff from the
old server, and the already rotated logs from the new one. I believe this
will keep webalizer's history file in synch, not lose data, and then after
that it'll just keep picking up the just-rotated log at the end of each
month when the log rotates.

Anyone see any problems with doing it that way?

http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/