[CLUE-Admin] New Site Development

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Jan 7 22:47:40 MST 2004

Hi Folks.

I'm having *such* and HTML night. I've ported the main pages of the CLUE
site to the new site architecture, and checked it all into CVS under the
site_devel project.

So, now I want to make it surfable on the CLUE server.

I had originally thought I'd put it under cluedenver.org/~jsbaer/, but
then I'd be breaking the rules for member websites, by creating a
subdirectory. Maybe that's not a big deal, but I wouldn't want someone to
whinge about "he gets subdirectories and I don't", even if the answer is
"That's cuz he's doing website work".

Anybody have any particular suggestions. I'm sorta leary about sticking it
in a subdirectory of the regular site -- only because that's so cluttered
already. I guess it's not a big deal, as long it's appropriately named to
avoid confusion. This would be something such as
/var/apache/htdocs/site_devel/

Or, I could create a directory someplace else, but it would need an alias
in httpd.conf to work right.

Thoughts?

http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/