[CLUE-Admin] Binary Attachments on the Mailing Lists

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Thu Jul 8 10:37:37 MDT 2004

I assume everyone here is also on CLUE-Tech. Well, just for reference,
here's the message in question, infected with NetSky:
http://clue.denver.co.us/pipermail/clue-tech/2004-July/010451.html

I found a reference to a "plug-in" module for stripping attachments here:

I'm all for stripping attachments on the mailing lists. For one thing, it
should get rid of any viruses. For another, I don't think our mailing
lists need to be used to send out JPGs, PDFs, etc. anyway.

Opinions?

jed

p.s. I'm curious to look at the raw message headers (as seen by the list,
not a list recipient). Is there an easy way to pull it out of
/home/mailman/archives/public/clue-tech.mbox ?
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/