[CLUE-Admin] CVS Changes On CLUE Server?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Oct 11 11:45:40 MDT 2004

Hi.

I just committed a few files to the site_devel tree in the CVS repository.
I got the following message:

cvs commit: warning:  Set to use deprecated info format strings.
Establish
compatibility with the new info file format strings (add a temporary '1'
in
all info files after each '%' which doesn't represent a literal percent)
and set UseNewInfoFmtStrings=yes in CVSROOT/config.  After that, convert
individual command lines and scripts to handle the new format at your
leisure.

A little googling indicates that this results from an upgrade in CVS
software. Did such an upgrade occur on the production machine?

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-cvs/2004-04/msg00160.html

Maybe I'm misunderstanding that list message. I don't know what the author
means by "port forward", but he does seem to be referring to a change from
one version to another of CVS.

I'm assuming the message refers to the /usr/local/cvsroot/CVSROOT/loginfo
script on the server. I didn't get any error messages last time I commited
(back in April), so I'm just wondering what changed. Maybe a compatibility
flag?

http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/