[clue-admin] CLUE server security audit

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.net
Sun Feb 6 12:25:25 MST 2005

Comments below.

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 12:00 -0700, clue-admin-request at clue.denver.co.us
wrote:

>    1. RE: CLUE server security audit (Robert Harper)

> Crawford,
>
> Some questions regarding the security audit request of the CLUE server.
>
> 1) How is it done?

Various ways to test the security of the box basically.

> 2) Why do we need Tech Angle's permission

Because if Tech Angle does have a good IDS system in place, it could be
preceived as a hacking attempt or worse.

> 3) How does the Patiriot Act effect the audit?

Hacking or any form of "cyber terrorism" is considered treason, and I am
allergic to being shot or hung for such.

> 4) How can I help get this done?

I need to in writing Tech Angle's permission for Linux ETC to perform a
security audit on the CLUE box basically.  Until then it is sit and
wait.

By the way, I get this in digest form, so pardon any delays in
responding.

--- Crawford
CLUE-North Coordinator/Lackie ;-)
--