[clue-admin] User setup for "member" accounts

grant johnson amadensor at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 18:08:18 MST 2005

> On a related topic. My understanding of ssh and key authentication is
> too limited at this point. Currently I'm just using standard password
> authentication when I ssh to the CLUE server, but I would like to
> switch to public key authentication. The one wrinkle is, I have a
> multi-boot system - one system is gentoo the other is slack. When I
> generate a private/public key pair, can I simply copy my private key
> to ~/.ssh/authorized keys on both my systems so that I can login using
> the public key I've copied to my CLUE server account?
>
> --
Yes, you can.  We have a large number of servers at our divisions that
all need to send us files.  They all use the same key.  It would be
best for each to have its own key, but they are run by an outside
company, and tar -xzvf stuff.tgz;./install.sh was a little complex for
them even.  Generating their own keys would cause a brain melt.