[clue-admin] Please review Member Accounts Plan on the wiki

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 07:09:46 MST 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:50:30 -0700, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com>
wrote:

[ snip ]

> On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 18:48:01 -0700, David Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
> > Collins Richey wrote:
> > > Unless there are valid objections, this is how I plan to proceed with
> > > membership accounts. Please review and post you comments in this
> > > thread.
> >
> > What would it take to support rsync in addition to sftp?
>
> Hmm? I haven't found any limited shells with that capability, other
> than the obvious "real" shells which we don't want to support. If you
> know of such a beast, we could consider it. I'll do some
> experimentation.

I can't seem to decipher the syntax for rsync with ssh. I have a user
'junk' setup on both my local systemand the CLUE server with
public/private keys, and sftp communications works aok. I have also
setup a directory rsynctest on both my system and the junk account on
the CLUE server.

What would be the rsync command to attempt to rsync the rsynctest
directory on my system to the rsynctest directory (empty) on the junk
account on the CLUE server.

--
 Collins