[clue-admin] New DTC Meeting

Jeff Cann j.cann at comcast.net
Thu Jul 7 22:02:56 MDT 2005

Admins -

Thanks to Crawford and Todd Trichler at Oracle, we have a new home for DTC
meetings.  It's at Oracle at I-225 and I-25 (formerly JD Edwards).  I checked
out the room today and it will comfortably sit 30-40 people.  There is an
adjacent room that we can use if/when our attendance grows we can double the
capacity.

With regard to July meeting.  Todd will be away in August and so we thought it
is better to go ahead with a 'formal' meeting next week, so we can work out
any kinks.  As we had no speaker planned, Todd offered to deliver an
abbreviated keynote that he gave at Linux World, South Africa.

Also, Todd will try to locate Oracle employees that are into Linux (or already
CLUEbies) to help man the front door.  We don't have to each get a badge, but
to cover Oracle safety concerns, we will sign in each meeting.  This is in
case there is an evacuation and they need to account for everyone in the
building.

Finally, there's a possibility that OTN (Oracle Technology Network) will
sponsor a pizza party for us to break in the new room.  Todd will confirm.

For the KISS session, I'm looking for volunteers.  If we have none by
Saturday, I'll put together something.

Jed,
If you would please update the web site with the following information:

1.  Address

Oracle Building 2
7604 Technology Way
Denver, CO 80237

2.  Meeting location

Meeting in the Demo Room #1250 on the ground floor.  As you enter from the
north side you will need a badged employee to let you through the double
doors, and then turn left down the hallway before you get to the elevators
room is on the left hand side.

3.  Parking is available on the North side of Building 2.

4.  Meeting room has a projector and screen [ironically].  It also has
ethernet connections, but we are not authorized to use them as they are
behind Oracle's firewall.  I'll remind people at the meetings.  Also, Todd is
seeking approval from Oracle IT for our use if we later need internet.  There
is no wireless ap.

July 12th main abstract:

Title :  The Road to Linux Adoption in the Enterprise

Abstract:  This will be an abbreviated version of the presentation I gave for
the keynote at LinuxWorld South Africa.  Todd Trichler will cover:
- Trends leading to adoption of linux in the enterprise (*what we've learned
from our customers deploying linux around the world*)
- Case study of Oracle's internal usage of Linux (*hard facts, numbers, and
lessons from our internal deployments*)
- Linux on the Coporate Desktop - Tips and Gotcha's (*personal experience of a
converted windows user in the enterprise world*)

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
        - Albert Einstein