[clue-admin] Web Site Progress: "Generation 2"

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sat Jul 9 12:34:56 MDT 2005

Updates:

  main page; announcements, DTC meeting, some rearranging of things

  sponsors page -- added Oracle Technology Network

  contact pages and contact form

  resources page -- removed techangle; removed forethought and trennel due
to 404 errors on their URLs

  added site search via Google to home page

  all internal URLs should now point to cluedenver.org

  DTC meeting info updated (can we assume a yes on the pizza at this
point?)

  Does the switch to cluedenver.org fix our e-mail problems (i.e. can that
announcement go away?)

  I combined the "Other Colorado LUGs" page with the Resources page

The "fortune" program:

  I thought it'd be nifty to have a "quote of the day" sort of thing on
the main page. Maybe not, but see how you like it. I used the fortune
program to get the quotations. Thing is, it wasn't on the CLUE server. I
had thought it was standard with FC3, but a couple tries with yum didn't
get it for me. So I pulled the FC3 rpm for it from Dag Wieers' site. I've
used several of Dag's rpms without any problems, and consider them to be
reliable.

I believe, at this point, that the only things left to do are the older
presentation archive pages, and the Study Group page. Maybe I'll use the
BLINK tag on the Study Group page to get someone's attention. :) It would
be way cool if some gnarly Perl programmer could write a routine to parse
the old presentation pages, and transmogrify them into the new format.
They're more or less consistently formatted, right? ;-) I guess, in the
short term, I'll just sorta trim the "wrapping" portion of them, and plop
them into place.

http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E