[clue-admin] file cleanup on clue server, yum, wiki access

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Thu Mar 24 20:47:30 MST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:26:14 -0700
Robert Harper wrote:

> Looks like / on the cluedenver sever is at 95%.  I did some checking on
> what we could delete or compress and found the following:
>
> [rwharper at clue mailman]$ pwd
> /var/lib/mailman
> [rwharper at clue mailman]$ df -k .
> Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> /dev/hda2              5921884   5316920    304148  95% /
> [rwharper at clue mailman]$ sudo du -sk * | sort -rn | head
> 2930876 data
> 307808  archives
> 26784   lists
> 8       spam

Well, after Mailman (or postfix?) got back into the swing of things, the
/var/lib/mailman/data directory still has gobs of stuff in it. So my
earlier speculation that Mailman would clean this up was wrong. But I
think that all the held* files can go away, and I found this page
http://mg.pov.lt/blog?page=3 which seems to confirm that.

But I'm chicken to run that script, because I don't want to break anything
having to do with Mailman, cuz in Jeff's words, I break it, I own it. :)
There are over 24000 "held*" files now.

OK Curiosity got the better of me. 29222, to be exact.

http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E