[clue-admin] Mailman config change --> canning spam

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Mar 25 09:43:15 MST 2005

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:31:00 -0700
> David Anselmi wrote:
>
>>Mailman notifies the sender when it holds a message, right?
>
> This is configurable. And, when using the web interface to moderate the
> held messages, you can reject with a reply.

Is it?  Looks to me (at a quick glance) that held and rejected messages
send a reply and discards don't.  I don't see an option for changing the
behavior of holds.  I didn't look that closely though.

> In practice, I wouldn't favor automatically notifying on holds, because
> most of them are spam.

Well, if Jeff changes it to discard it's moot anyway.  I was thinking
that real people would get a reminder if they posted from the wrong
address.  But I don't think it matters much either way.