[clue-admin] contact form spam

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Thu Sep 15 12:16:29 MDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 12:00 -0600, clue-admin-request at cluedenver.org
wrote:
> It seems like someone is trying to spoof the contact form (see below
> -
> embedded message).  I'm not sure if the spammer is trying to submit
> the form
> or what.  Should we hook up a captcha?  It's not foolproof, but on my
> blog
> (isuma.org) it took care of comment spam.
>
> Any other ideas on how to stop this nonsense?
> Jeff

Go for it.  I notice some that Jeff is not getting the full blunt of
this, but the numbers are roughly 25 a day of a similar nature to this
hitting the CLUE server (I can check the folder I made for collecting
such if folks want actual stats here).

If possible as I mentioned before, adding SPF and Graylisting might be
in order as well or at least incorporate the concepts into the Captcha
idea.

If Jed is will to implement it, by all means...go for it.

--- Crawford