[clue-admin] contact form spam

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Sep 19 18:51:49 MDT 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:16:31 -0600
Crawford Rainwater wrote:

> Works for CLUE-North.  One side note, it took the internal IP addy
> (10.0.10.1) of our firewall vs. actual of the machine IP addy
> (10.0.30.67) in the event there is some sort of logging associated here.

That's a bit odd. I'm using the $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] variable. Coming
from a Linux-ETC machine, I'd have expected a 71.32.0.0/13 address. It
isn't very useful for blocking spammy IP addresses if what's reported is
an internal, non-routable address. Ah, except that you're hitting the CLUE
site from inside your firewall. That makes a little more sense, but not
completely.

Hmmm.

--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E