[clue-admin] Server Slow Over SSH?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Thu Sep 29 21:11:04 MDT 2005

Hi Folks.

This is a bit odd. I'm currently trying to run a cvs update over ssh. It
ran fine through the first few directories, because nothing has been
changed. But the change I know about, which is why I'm running the update
for my local copy, is that I ssh'd into the CLUE server to snag Dave
Rudder's presentation slides using wget, and commited the change from my
account up there. Seemed it'd be faster than downloading them to my
machine, and then uploading them to the CLUE server. So now my cvs update
is hung on the presentations directory.

Well, being the curious sort that I am, I ssh'd into the server from
another terminal to run top, just out of curiosity. It took a while to
come up, and showed the CPU at 99% idle. The website responds just fine.
So at first blush, it appears that anything running over ssh is affected.

Looks as if Jeff Cann is logged in too. Hey Jeff, you noticing anything?
(Around 9PM)

http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E