[clue-admin] Installfest Cancellations and Mail Problems

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sat Feb 25 20:04:33 MST 2006

Hi Folks.

In preparation for removing some of the logging/debugging code I have in
the CLUE website contact form, I was going through a logfile, and noticed
some traffic regarding the cancelled installfest. This surprised me, since
I wasn't aware of that. So I looked at the CLUE-Announce archives, and I
see that I've missed several messages. I have *@cluedenver.org whitelisted
in my ISP's spam filtering, but I rather don't think that's operative
here. Looking at the content in the archives, it's hard to see how any of
those messages would have been blocked due to content. I can't be certain
of this, however. (Bummer.)

So, I did a quick look at the /var/log/maillog(s) and found only a few
e-mails to me rejected by mailarmory (FRII's mail filtering system), and
those all appear to be a reverse DNS type problem.

Grepping in /var/log/mailman doesn't reveal anything either.

I'm not sure how to figure this out at this point. But perhaps the next
time something comes through on the announce list, could Jeff or somebody
give me a ping, so I can check my captured spam right away?

Also, BTW, I noticed that something is (was?) attempting to e-mail
thag at rockchucker.com, which is a non-existent address. I don't know how to
tell what's orginating those. It isn't, I don't think, CLUE Announce,
because it seems to me I used to get those, and also there aren't any
messages from Feb 15th, which is when the Installfest cancellation message
went through. (Unless that addy got auto-unsubscribed due to bouncing,
after Feb 8th or so)

http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E