[clue-admin] Fwd: LUI Meeting Sponsorship

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 22:35:27 MST 2006

On 1/25/06, WFT Electronics, Gus Salvatore Calabrese <wft at frii.com> wrote:
> Don't we usually have artichoke hearts and fillet mignon
> for the repast at a CLUE meeting ?
> AGSC
>

> On 2006-Jan 25, at 10:14 PM, Jeff Cann wrote:
>
> Besides the fact that he's calling it a LUI instead of a LUG, any
> comments ?

> Subject: LUI Meeting Sponsorship
> Date: Wednesday 18 January 2006 10:37 am
> From: "Kyle Charlesworth" <kcharlesworth at grouplink.net>
> To: president at clue.denver.co.us
>
> Dear Jeff,
>
> GroupLink is interested in sponsoring one of your LUI meetings.
> GroupLink is
>   a Novell partner, and delivers ITIL compatible products, namely
> it's I.T.
>   HelpDesk.

Besides the fact that it sounds rather crassly commercial?

It's probably worth exchanging a few emails to get more details. After
all, pizza is where you find it <grin>.

Also there's the factor of location. Oracle might not be too happy
with (potential) competitors making a pitch at their facility.

--
Collins Richey
      Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code ... If you write