[clue-admin] Clue mailing list

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 18:39:42 MDT 2006

On 6/6/06, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
> erik at ezolan.com wrote:

> >>I would "unsubscribe" if it were a  web based bulletin board.  I think
> >>that's the generally held feeling.
> >
> > Really? What makes the email list so preferable?
>
> Interrupts vs. polling.  One interface for email and all mailing lists,
> including preferences and filters (and I control the interface).  One
> place for configuring spam filters.  No worries about the server slowing
> down under load.

Others have said it well. I,too,  see no benefits of a bb/forum over a
mailing list. As Jed expressed it, I'm sure the maintainers have
better things to do with their time than putting up and maintaining a
bb/forum when we have a perfectly usable low-maintenance mailing
list..

I find it easier to scroll through a list of emails rather than a
forum list. Of course, I'm on gmail, so mail list management (folders,
etc.) is brain-dead simple.

--
Collins Richey