[clue-admin] Installfest.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Sep 4 08:47:09 MDT 2006

Collins Richey wrote:
> On 8/27/06, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
[...]
>> KNOPPIX is a better live CD since run level 2 saves you from KDE.
>
> How does one accomplish that?

Use "knoppix 2" at the boot prompt.  Though since I wrote this I had to
use a Kubuntu CD rather than KNOPPIX to recover a MBR.

[...]
> My $.02: providing useful information is never spamming the list. You
> should copy this to clue-tech as well to benerfit more than admins.
> I, for one, have no problem with any content on the list, save the
> very rare personal attacks that pop up occasionally.

This belongs on clue-talk not clue-tech, so I won't post it to -tech.
And I don't read clue-talk so I won't post it there either.

> What would be the benefit of a blog as opposed to postings on the list[s]?

The admin list tends not to have long posts or long discussions.  So my
post is a little out of character for it.  Putting it on a blog keeps it
out of the way of people who don't have time or interest to read
something long.  Mostly I was kidding about a blog but I did wish there
were a way to be more considerate of the list.